Innovation takes center stage at HU Faculty Research Showcase
And to encourage our professors to continue to look beyond and work with students in and outside of the classroom, university President Dr. Eric Darr annually awards our faculty Presidential Research Grants.
Our professors and students are poised to protect the environment, launch the next revolutionary technology, transform skin-graft surgeries and so much more.
This year, Dr. Darr helped fund a record 18 projects at HU. And on Aug. 22 the university gathered to learn more about these revolutionary projects during the First Annual Harrisburg University Faculty Showcase.
To watch a LiveStream video of professors and students outlining their work during the showcase, follow this Link.
The links below will give you an inside look at this year’s Presidential Research Grant projects:
- Breakthroughs: HU professors, students to advance VR experiences
- Breakthroughs: HU professors team with students to transform cell growth, drug testing
- Breakthroughs: HU research team traces lost Harrisburg community and beyond
- Breakthroughs: Students team with professors to advance aquaponics
- HU research team aims to understand characteristic influence on mobile learning
- Professors, students to launch HU student life app
- Is there an app for that? HU professors, students to study how millennials’ smart phone photos affect their lives
- 3D printed skin graft research at HU garners national attention
- HU professors, students break down video game addiction
- HU research gives polluted watershed new lease on life
- ‘It’s (far from) alive!’ research breathes new life into fossil studies
- Breakthroughs: HU transforms fate of snake
- Using games to introduce abstract concepts in molecular science
- Data-driven environmental management: HU digital dashboard to help protect Susquehanna River Basin
About Harrisburg University
Accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, Harrisburg University is a private non-profit university offering bachelor and graduate degree programs in science, technology, and math fields to a diverse student body. For more information on the University’s affordable demand-driven undergraduate and graduate programs, call 717.901.5146 or email, Connect@HarrisburgU.edu.