HU to showcase cutting-edge programs, technology during Philly Tech Week
Interested in Virtual Reality?
How about Drones? Regenerative Medicine?
Then you don’t want to miss Harrisburg University of Science and Technology’s showcase of innovation set to take place during Philly Tech Week on May 2.
The day-long event showcasing cutting-edge Harrisburg University programs will take place at HU’s newest location at 1500 Spring Garden Street in downtown Philadelphia from 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
Not to miss presentations will include:
- “Defining & Showcasing Geospatial Technology & Career Fields.” Join Geospatial Technology Professor Albert Sarvis as he showcases HU’s Geospatial Technology program and drones used for mapping, 3D modeling and other purposes. 9-10 a.m. & 10-11 a.m.
- “Virtual Exploration.” Ever wonder why Virtual Reality has exploded during the past four years? Come find out as Interactive Media Professor Charles Palmer invites you to “step into VR.” 9:30 a.m.-noon
- “The Biotechnology Revolution: How Biotechnology is Impacting Healthcare.” Biotechnology Professor Leena Pattarkine will show you how new medical biotechnologies are revolutionizing healthcare. Regenerative medicine and Tissue Engineering is making significant progress as well. Come find out how the revolution is changing the world! Noon-2 p.m.
- “Unveiling the Code” With the unprecedented evolution of computer applications, Computer Information Science Professors Majid Shaalan & Saeed Esmaili-Sardari invite you to find out how they all boil down to algorithms and machine codes. 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
- “The Anatomy of Information Technology.” We use information technology (IT) in almost every facet of our daily lives. But, do any of us know how these devices work? HU New Product Development Consultant Andy Petroski will help visitors explore the hardware components of devices. 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- “STEM Women Navigating Competing Priorities.” Let’s face it, work-life balance can be a challenge for most people, but particularly for women in STEM. Women manage a compelling number of competing priorities each day, sometimes successfully, and other times not so much. During this session, HU Director of Online Learning Technologies and Development will introduce methods to help you overcome the challenges by reflecting on core values, your vision of work-life balance and how to prioritize your activities and expectations to support your vision.
To attend any of these free events, please RSVP to Joy Mackey, Lead for Harrisburg University in the Greater Philadelphia region, at email@example.com or 717-901-5161.
Accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, Harrisburg University is a private non-profit university offering bachelor and graduate degree programs in science, technology, and math fields. For more information on the University’s affordable demand-driven undergraduate and graduate programs, call 717.901.5146 or email, Connect@HarrisburgU.edu.